E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Coilovers without lowering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Coilovers without lowering?

I'd really like a set of performance coilovers, but see no need to lower the car. Anyone know of a set that either doesn't lower the car or lowers it less than half an inch?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 crossfire w/SL55 drivetrain installed by Rudy Compart Intake/Needswings best et-10.76 @ 129
Find out if you have the Coil over springs over your shocks,Also find out if you have doubled adjustment where you can tighten the spring up, for a more firm ride, and also adjust the spring height of the and down on the shock, if you do have that type, then yes you can tighten up the car and keep the hype you have now,

Not if the adjuster is on the spring only and your shocks , as a replacement shock,, the adjuster goes on top spring, you could install those and put your spring pads on the bottom of the spring and keep the height that you have now,

I just finished doing mine, first I installed them per their instructions, the car was so low it drug the ground, I took the adjustment all way up to make the car As high as possible, tring to get back to a nice ride height but,That still gave me a inch drop, I then experimented with different spring pads relocated the spring pad to the bottom of the spring, mounted in the lower control arm,The biggest problem that I found is every time you want to make an adjustment you have to remove the springs from the car. Adjust them and then put back. They are KW coil overs, what a joke. They are, if it wasn't for my friends and myself, Figuring out a way to make them work I would've thrown them in a canal somewhere and put back my stock springs.if you do this pm me maybe i can help. jim