E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)

As promised, here are some pics of the new wheels. Just got them put on today. They are a bit flashier than the last set (I still like the looks of those better) but I'm growing to love them.

Interestingly enough, the offset seems to be a hair smaller than the cheap Chinese knock-offs were. I'm actually happy about it as it sets the tires out perfectly. No rubbing but perfectly flush.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)-car1.jpg   Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)-car2.jpg   Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)-car3.jpg   Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)-car4.jpg   Pics of my new, new wheels - the saga has ended (hopefully)-car5.jpg  

Last edited by nawlinstornado; 10-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350 coupe
Not a fan,but if you like them it is ok.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Looks great & especially liking the wider tires.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E550C
They look great on black! The fitment is flush and dead on. You are a pioneer, nawlinstornado, and an inspiration.

I know that you are partial to the AMG-style wheels, with the 6 spoke or even better the 5 double-spoke ones. So am I, but the BBS vs AMG-OEM is like comparing a Porsche 911S vs a Turbo. BOth great. Plus BBS is top quality.

Did you use factory offset or did you have to use any spacers? I assume it's 8.5" front and 9.5" back, right?

In general, from an aesthetic point of view, the denser spoke configuration looks better with large diameter wheels that do not have large rotors to go with it. 5 spokes give it the dreaded see-through wannabe look and make the rotors look puny. If you get a 15.x" front and 14.x" back BBK with red or yellow calipers, then the race-style AMGs would look awesome.

Are you thinking of an ECU upgrade next? A lot of other bi-turbo C207 members have gotten great results from it. Great performance for short money, relatively speaking, of course.

BTW you got to do, either the orange side-marker delete or at least black them out. They stick out like an orange boil. That's the first thing I did for mine, just used the clear ones since mine is a Palladium Silver.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by atgd
They look great on black! The fitment is flush and dead on. You are a pioneer, nawlinstornado, and an inspiration.
You know, I'm uncomfortable with the word "hero." Thanks!

Did you use factory offset or did you have to use any spacers? I assume it's 8.5" front and 9.5" back, right?
No spacers. 8.5x19 ET 40 front, 9.5x 19 ET 45 rear.

In general, from an aesthetic point of view, the denser spoke configuration looks better with large diameter wheels that do not have large rotors to go with it. 5 spokes give it the dreaded see-through wannabe look and make the rotors look puny. If you get a 15.x" front and 14.x" back BBK with red or yellow calipers, then the race-style AMGs would look awesome.
Personally, I think the factory 13.5" rotors looked fine withe the 5 split-spoke wheels. I am looking into upgrading, though, for performance reasons. I'll likely keep the calipers black - I've never been a big fan of bright colors there.

Are you thinking of an ECU upgrade next? A lot of other bi-turbo C207 members have gotten great results from it. Great performance for short money, relatively speaking, of course.
Yes, but not until I can get an LSD. The car has plenty of rolling power as-is, and I can still spin the tires pretty easily - even in third gear. Once an LSD is in, then I'll look into adding more power. In the meantime, coilovers and brakes.

BTW you got to do, either the orange side-marker delete or at least black them out. They stick out like an orange boil. That's the first thing I did for mine, just used the clear ones since mine is a Palladium Silver.
Agreed. I like gavrocool's look. Did you black them out or remove them?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E550C
I got the clear ones. With the silver color, clear ones look better, and they match the headlight clear cover, for a unified look.

Black outs would look great with your black color. A delete with silver fills, is too much of a hassle to get the paint and fit tolerances to factory spec.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160913820599...84.m1423.l2649
Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 E550 Coupe
I recently upgraded to the C63S 19" forged AMG center lock-look wheels, and mounted Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in 235/35R17 and 275/30R19 sizes.

Last edited by vrmmm; 04-12-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach pic, & posted tire pressure info on wrong thread!
The following users liked this post:
Siegmann (10-12-2019)