E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mercendes E250 CGI coupe strange noise a the back of the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012 | 11:16 AM

E250 CGI
Mercendes E250 CGI coupe strange noise a the back of the car

Hi guys,

I have notice a disturbing noise coming from the back of my car. I cannot hear it all the time although when is happening is really disturbing. I think is coming from the rear right shock absorber and is like a squeak. I have checked the absorber and it is not faulty. Can you please help me??

Thanks you in advance,
Louis
Old 12-16-2012 | 03:40 PM

GTR
Do you have stock exhaust system ?
I had similiar problem a while ago, when my car was under warranty. Local dealer had fixed it. It was coming from left side.
When car was wet ( from car wash or rains) there was not any sound.
When you notice the sound again, stop car, switch off the engine, open left door and close it with force (hardly), noise should appear again, if it does so, record it on your phone and show your dealer ( I did so ). because once i have arrived to dealer straight away when i noticed the sound again, and by the time I was there, sound dissappeared. So there should be an evidence of fault for engineer to spot the problem.

As I changed the exhaust system, it caused some squeaks when i ride because it was touching the bumper on road bumps, so dealer fixed it.
Old 12-17-2012 | 05:54 AM

E250 CGI
Hi dav,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes i have a stock exhaust system. I have also try your advice but with no luck. The squeak that i hear sounds like a broken shock absorber. Anyone else having the same problem? Please advice

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Last edited by louis1170; 01-05-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-18-2012 | 04:24 AM

GTR
Originally Posted by louis1170
Hi dav,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes i have a stock exhaust system. I have also try your advice but with no luck. The squeak that i hear sounds like a broken shock absorber. Anyone else having the same problem? Please advice

Thanks in advance,
Loizos karageorgiades
Please visit your local delaer, if you still have warranty. They should be able to solve it.