E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can they void you warranty if you change your steering wheel and dlr?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E coupe
Can they void you warranty if you change your steering wheel and dlr?

I know alot of people on this forum has done it themselves or bought oem parts online and had MB installed.

my friend asked one of the tech guy that works at MB dealer. He said you have to get parts and labor from mb in order to maintain your warranty.
If you got parts on your own and installed them on your own and say .. Example: the airbag light shows up and u try bring it in, they wont fix it? And even void ur warranty?

Im trying to prove my friend wrong here, anyone can shed some light on this?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
Read the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. There are a lot of provisions, one of which requires the warrantor (MB) to prove the change caused a warranty-covered failure. In that event, only the failure caused by the owner would not be covered.

Simply changing a part does not void your warranty.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
^^ What he said. They can't "void your warranty" but they can deny a warranty claim if the aftermarket part or work was at fault. Additionally a dealer can refuse service at their discretion (for example refusing to diagnose a safety issue if modifications could have potentially impacted the system)