E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

air circulation keep turning off by itself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w207 e250
air circulation keep turning off by itself

air circulation keep turning off by itself whenever there is bad air around the car.. why? i thought it supposed to keep bad smell away .. but i have to turn it on back manually all the time .. so annoying i sent to authorized mercedes benz service center and told me its normal and thats how it supposed to work. i am like what? they suppose to let us inhale smelly and bad air?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
If what you're trying to say is that the Air RE-Circulation function only stays on for a limited amount of time then, yes, unfortunately what MB told you is correct. That's the way it functions, for safety reasons.

Mine stays on longer than my previous Benz, but eventually it too cuts off and "fresh" air is allowed back in the cabin until I re-activate Re-Circulate.

On top of that, it seems the newest air filters Mercedes is using are not as effective at eliminating foul odors. At least mine isn't, as compared to my previous car. Others here or in the W212 Forum have also complained. At least one poster had his own custom air filter made and installed to correct this.

Wish I had better news for you. And for me too.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 PM

w207 e250
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
If what you're trying to say is that the Air RE-Circulation function only stays on for a limited amount of time then, yes, unfortunately what MB told you is correct. That's the way it functions, for safety reasons.

Mine stays on longer than my previous Benz, but eventually it too cuts off and "fresh" air is allowed back in the cabin until I re-activate Re-Circulate.

On top of that, it seems the newest air filters Mercedes is using are not as effective at eliminating foul odors. At least mine isn't, as compared to my previous car. Others here or in the W212 Forum have also complained. At least one poster had his own custom air filter made and installed to correct this.

Wish I had better news for you. And for me too.
oh man thanks alot at least i know its not abnormal! this issue has been bothering me for a long time

btw u are not planning on swapping the air filter? yea because my w203 c class does not have this issue at all!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
No, changing out the air filter is beyond my meager talents. Here is a thread that describes one poster's experience:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...in-filter.html

I tried to find the thread in which a guy bought special hi-tech filtering material and cut and shaped it to fit the MB filter holder, but I couldn't come up with it. If you're interested, it was in the W212 thread several months ago. Maybe you'll have better luck finding it.

I'm just too lazy to go through all that. Easier to stop breathing until the smell passes - as long as I don't turn blue!

Good luck with yours.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM

w207 e250
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
I'm just too lazy to go through all that. Easier to stop breathing until the smell passes - as long as I don't turn blue!

Good luck with yours.

i am just afraid that chicks that i pick up might misunderstand where the smell came from
Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Plausible deniability...