E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2014 E550 Coupe Delivered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E 550 Coupe
2014 E550 Coupe Delivered

Hello,

Although I'm new to the forum, I've been visiting this site for the last few months. I've been searching for a new car and finally settled on the E550 Coupe in late May/early June. Long story short, I took delivery on Monday. I'm new to Mercedes, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. I love the look of the car and the ride is amazing. That said, I've had one, maybe two issues since I took delivery. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to assist with my question, or point me to the proper area in the forum isn't this isn't it.

1) After I left the dealership I drove around with the widows down...both front and back. When I tried to raise them, only the front windows would raise. The rear windows were stuck in the down position. Long story short, MB Service had to replace some sensor in the back that made the computer think the window housing (or some-such) was overheating. That was replaced this afternoon, and knock on wood, problem solved.

2) When I got the car back, I noticed that the "Passenger Airbag Off" indicator is now constantly on whenever I drive and the passenger seat is empty. I understand that when there isn't a passenger in the passenger seat the passenger airbag will not deploy. However, before I brought the car in, this indicator would briefly light up when I started the car, and then turn off after a few seconds. I would expect the indicator to turn on if I placed a laptop or something of light to medium weight in the seat as a safety precaution. This is how my previous cars behaved (2006 Mustang and 2009 Accord), so maybe this is "new" technology. However, it didn't show this message earlier this week and now it does.

I know that at some point they were "downloading software" to the car for the windows. I asked the Service Advisor to take a quick look and he told me that this is typical for Mercedes Vehicles built in the last several years. The light should be on if the passenger seat is empty. It was late in the day so I couldn't tell if he was actually telling me the truth, or just trying to get the hell out for the day. So, I'm basically paranoid that there's something else wrong with the car. Not to mention, the light is ridiculously annoying/distracting.

If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Welcome SeoulFalcon,

It is normal for the passenger airbag light to be on... at least that is what mine does : ) of course the light goes out when someone sits in the seat. As to the window problem these are very complicated cars with many more parts that require working together in sync. Mercedes does a great job of making sure that happens and sometimes things can go off. I still marvel at the German ingenuity every time I raise or lower the convertible top. I also made sure I bought an extended warranty to make sure all those parts continue to work over the next 7 years!