E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windshield lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550 Cabriolet
Windshield lines

Just purchased a New 2014 E550 Cabriolet, Diamond White/Black. Does anyone know what those thin black lines inside the windshield glass do? also, why does the P (parking) light go on and off when I am driving? finally, why does the front passenger window go down about an inch when you put the top up?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 PM

'13 E550 Cabriolet
I have a '13 550 Cab. I would guess the thin black lines are the AM/FM radio antennae, the window going up and down is probably to seal the glass to the top, does the driver side do the same? When I open either door, the window drop about a half an inch.

As for the flashing P, if you have parktronic and it does it at low speeds, it may be trying to tell you can fit in an open parking space. I do not have parktronic so know little about it though.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM

2014 E550 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Gerry_C
I have a '13 550 Cab. I would guess the thin black lines are the AM/FM radio antennae, the window going up and down is probably to seal the glass to the top, does the driver side do the same? When I open either door, the window drop about a half an inch.

As for the flashing P, if you have parktronic and it does it at low speeds, it may be trying to tell you can fit in an open parking space. I do not have parktronic so know little about it though.
Thanks on the Antenna. Makes sense. The window operation you're talking about is called window indexing. I had it on my last car and although my new one does this too, indexing is when the window drops 1/4" or so. what I'm talking about is over an inch and it happens only on the front passenger window when you use the button next to the convertible top button to put up all the window at once.

I do have the parking assist and that may very well be what it is. I'll watch for that next time.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by RicAtTheBeach
Thanks on the Antenna. Makes sense. The window operation you're talking about is called window indexing. I had it on my last car and although my new one does this too, indexing is when the window drops 1/4" or so. what I'm talking about is over an inch and it happens only on the front passenger window when you use the button next to the convertible top button to put up all the window at once.

I do have the parking assist and that may very well be what it is. I'll watch for that next time.
Correct on Parking Assist and windows dropping down. The Antenna could also be for NAV and the fin on the back could be for the radio. Not sure.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
The FM aerial is in the windscreen, those black wires you see!!! As I am having major problems with radio reception I have learnt all about the aerials and signal amplifiers associated with the radio etc.
The indexing the windows you see is different for when the doors open, were they drop enough to clear the door seal (otherwise you could not open the door). They drop lower for the lowering of the top due to the angle at which the top rolls back, it is different again when the top closes back up.........this is nothing to worry about at all....