E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Blutech tune by BMS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLk300; S500; BMW 335i.
Blutech tune by BMS!

So I've had my E350 Blutech for a little over a year now:

First thing I did was I got a full ceramic tint done at Unique Auto Films in Los Angeles (by full I mean windshield included of course).

Dark but not too dark. The tint has been holding up great with no issues whatsoever. They do great clear bras and wraps, but I decided to opt out of it as I have the lease end wear/tear warranty. If I knew how affordable a clear bra was, I may not have gotten the warranty..

Anyways, the car is great! I love how comfortable it is and smooth, and the MPG is phenomenal (I get high 20s/low 30s).

But the power is a bit… laggy. That's where i reached out to Terry@BMS. He's tuned my numerous BMWs in the past, so I know he's experienced with turbo cars.
We took the E350 to a nearby dyno, he did his thing, and he developed what he calls a JB-D for the Blutech engine.

It's not a HUGE jump, but a definite must.

I recommend the tune to everyone. I've had it on the car for close to a year now (about 9 months) and love it. No issues at all; transmission shifts OEM, engine doesn't use up any more gas cruising (it does under WOT obviously), and it has helped reduced the major turbo lag this engine has.

It's pretty cheap as well.

Having the E350 alongside my Sl550, I am happy that I switched over from BMW.
I may switch back for an i8 though… we'll see.

Here is the link to the tune:

http://www.burgertuning.com/Mercedes...nce_tuner.html

Old 01-22-2014, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
a year ago I asked Terry to tune my E550.. but he is not interested in this TT engine. I'm sure he probably still feels the same.

He tunes the 1.8T and CDI engines..

His piggy back tunes for the N54 and N55 are incredible..
Old 03-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250
The JBD for the E350 also works on the E250 and GLK250 Bluetec models. How do I know? I bought a JBD on faith for my GLK250 after sending the guys at Burger a photo of my common rail boost sensor connectors. Turns out they are the same for the E350 as they are for the GLK250 and E250.

Installed it a few weeks ago. Still playing around with it, the occasional CEL as I experiment (easily taken care of), but all in all, great power. I've posted on my experience elsewhere on this forum. I can point you to it if you like...