E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Keyless lock and unlock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 e350 Coupe
Keyless lock and unlock problem

Hello all, I recently purchased my first Mercedes (2013 e350 coupe) and have been loving it - I didn't care for the 2014 model too much.

I have the keyless GO on my car and recently the passenger and driver doors don't respond to touch (ie they will not lock/unlock with key in pocket). I've researched the problem and many people say it's the door handle breaking, but I've read that most people just have a problem with one door, not both.

Perhaps there is a different problem, maybe with the key? I replaced the battery in the key to no avail. The buttons still work fine and the trunk opens with the key in my pocket. Sadly, I don't have a spare key because my wife lost it somehow.

I won't have time to take the car to the dealer for a few weeks, until then it's not really a big deal.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 e350 Coupe
Strangest thing happened this morning, I went to unlock my car with the remote and decided to give unlocking it with it in my pocket again and it worked. Yesterday it didn't work all day and night, but it just suddenly works normally...weird