E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 coupe
Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!

Hello Forum Members!

First post on this forum, glad to be a new member. I joined upon recommendation from one of my colleagues. I have a 2013 E350 coupe that I absolutely love but unfortunately was involved in an accident recently and I really need some expert advice from anyone willing to help.

The damage was along the entire driver's side, starting at the fender all the way to the rear bumper. It was quite expensive and I had it fixed through insurance. I took it to an auto body shop in my area that I and other friends have used in the past. They've always done great work.

When I picked my car up (on a sunny day) the paint match looked fine but something seemed a bit off. When I noticed it parked in my work garage I could see that the paint in fact did not match. Upon inspecting it in different lighting conditions (overcast, dusk, etc.) I could clearly see the difference in paint. The car is a Diamond White Metallic and the body shop owner has confirmed numerous times that he used the right paint color. However, it's a brighter white compared to the original color which is more beige. Although I didn't park the car next to a 2014, it seems like the 2014 Diamond White Metallic is a brighter white than a beige.

Does anyone know if the paint colors are different between the 2013 and any newer models for the same Diamond White Metallic color? I've attached pictures for your reference, so you can see that I'm not crazy.

The body shop owner refuses to admit that the paint doesn't match. What do you guys/gals think? Please compare the fender to the hood. The hood is original paint, everything from the fender back is new paint.

Hopefully this post isn't too long winded, happy to be a part of the forum and appreciate anyone's help on this.

Thanks,
Nraza
Attached Thumbnails Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo1.jpg   Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo2.jpg   Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo6.jpg   Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo8.jpg   Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo9.jpg  

Bodyshop work - paint mismatch - perplexed - please help!-photo10.jpg  
Old 11-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz 2011 e350
Hi- I had the exact same situation happen with my 2014 Diamond White Cabriolet. A van hit me on the driver's side and wiped out panels from the front to rear fender ($12K in damages). The driver of the van was at fault and had Nationwide insurance.

Since my car was only 6 months old, I called Nationwide and asked about a 'diminished value claim'. The shop where I took my car (Mercer Restoration) is first class. But I think this put pressure on them to ensure that the pait matching was correct. They did a great job, but I still plan to purse the claim since any major accident will reduce BB value.

If you were not at fault, you may want to contact the other driver's insurance. Also, most shops offer a guarantee. I would also follow-up with my own insurance to make things right.

My 2 cents.
Jim
Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
=)

Last edited by nauticalx; 11-26-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,111 Likes on 1,474 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
They got the tint wrong ... Needs to be re done ... Is this a Benz certified repair shop?

Also keep in mind the bumper will always look different against the metal parts of the car. And I believe the hood is plastic as well on the e class? This may reflect light differently than metal and therefore demonstrate a tint difference

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-25-2014 at 11:27 PM.