E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Vibration coming from instrument panel / passenger side dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E350 Coupe 2014
Exclamation Vibration coming from instrument panel / passenger side dashboard

Hi;

New user to the forum and brand new MB owner. I bought a new 2014 E350 coupe from the dealership (with only 300 miles). Super sweet car.

This is such an intermittent problem, and I'm having a hard time documenting how it comes about and how I can replicate it.

Once in a while when the car is idling, the entire instrument panel starts to shake and vibrate. It comes and goes, and 100% goes away when I switch to park. Not sure if this has to do with starting the car cold. (most of the time, I do wait about 30 secs before taking off)

I reached out to the service dept at the dealership, and they responded "It could be anything from the purge valve pressurizing to the blower motor being on".

The guy even suggested me recording the noises and send it to him to troubleshoot, although his preference is me bringing in the car.

Appreciate any insight and thank you in advance.

John
Old 04-17-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
If this event is intermittent, have your phone ready to record both the sound and vibration. Engines run differently when started up cold.
I am more inclined to think it is engine-related than the blower motor.
Then take it to the dealer with your evidence.

You still have warranty. Your cost is nothing but time.