E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2012 E250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
2012 E250 Help Please!

Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time Mercedes buyer and first topic here.

Last week I bought an approved used 2012 E250 from a Mercedes dealer (not local, had to catch a flight and drive 7 hours back to get it).

As the week has gone by i've noticed several problems with the car, (mainly the underside of the body work is severely damaged, cracked, split, battered, bruised and someone has attempted to paint over it with an off colour paint. This issue is hopefully being addresses by the dealership although they did initially phone me being very aggressive and rude blaming everything on me).

My next problem is with the passenger seat. I have the electric seat adjustment controls on the door but it seems that the passenger seat back will only adjust upright so much, then it hits a point and stops. My drivers seat can go practically vertical but the passenger seat gets nowhere near. Would there be anything to check first? Or any reason for this?

Secondly, the centre console in the rear between the two rear seats has the cupholders and a small square storage space. There is a pretty sticky stain in this storage space (another gripe with mercedes as the car was never cleaned before I purchased), has anyone got any recommendations to clean this area and remove the stain/stickiness? Tried most usual cleaners..

Thirdly, and finally for now, any ideas how to turn off the TA (traffic announcements)? Driving me nuts at the minute, even interrupts if I'm playing bluetooth audio. I'm sure its something easy I've missed!

I was also told by the Mercedes salesman that with this car, you don't get a service book showing past services etc. He said its all done online? Is that the case?

I'm hoping that my experience with this car turns around sharpish. This is a dream car for me, saved up for years to purchase and so far its been a nightmare. I wasn't even allowed to test drive the car before buying lol…

Thanks

Last edited by Bane; 05-19-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
YAIKS! buying a used car without test driving is like getting married on the first date! both big no no's! I remember one time i was trying to acquire a CLS500 and the salesman wouldnt let me drive it unless we come up with final numbers, he was still saying something and i just turned around and walked away.

im not sure where exactly youre located but from my understanding, all cars especially mercs comes with logbooks. itll be handy to command better price when you sell you car or trade it in.

again, not sure where you are but here down under, cars comes with statutory 3 mos warranty from the dealer. you can always bring it back and take your money back, or have them fix everything you mentioned above.

these cars are lovely and im sorry to hear that youre having problems with it as early as now. guess thats not what youre hoping for with a dream car.

if you have the option to take it back, do it and find a better car. dont rush and be patient. and make sure you test drive it, googluck mate!

Last edited by beejAMG; 05-19-2015 at 08:17 PM.