E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How does convertible work with trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015 | 07:23 PM

E550, E400 Cab
How does convertible work with trunk?

I have a e400 on order and I am planning a long trip with it.

Question is if I raise the roof and then pack the trunk, will I be able to lower the roof later and then re-raise it?

In other words, would it be possible that the trunk contents would shift after I lower the roof to make it neccessary to repack the trunk in order to raise the roof again?

Obviously this is our first convertible.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2015 | 08:17 AM

Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
You will see a panel when you open the boot lid at the top which is angled! When you want to use all of the boot space you push this panel up (you will find a grab handle/ slot).
When this panel is up you cannot lower the roof !!!!!
The roof will only go down when this panel is down, there is a warning signal to tell you what position it is in !!!
If I want the roof down with a full set of luggage I use the rear seats!
If you do this you will have to locate the seats belts or you will get a warning on the dash.
If you buy a full wind deflector which sits behind the driver and passenger seats then any luggage on the seats cannot be seen, just a mute point!!!!
Old 12-09-2015 | 10:24 PM

2014 E550 Cabriolet, 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
We haven't used our E550 cab for long trips, but I did take the car to Costco on a nice day and stuffed it full of goods. I was not driving home with the top up. Here is what I learned:
1. Put the top down first
2. Pack your things under the top space
3. Pack the rest of the trunk

If you put the top up later, you may have to jiggle things a bit to put the top back down if the items shifted, or you interfered with the top space.

I was amazed at how much the trunk holds with the top down. Luggage space with top and and back seat space really makes this somewhat of a practical car.
Old 12-23-2015 | 07:18 AM

19 E53 AMG Cab, 21 Land Rover Defender 110S, 20 LR Discovery HSE, 23 Ford Bronco 2dr 7spd Manual
I went to Costco last week and purchased 10 really large Christmas food baskets. Wheeled them out to my car and was wondering why I thought I could fit them in the car. People driving by were making comments as well. I had to use the rear seats and passenger front seat, plus trunk but I got them all in. I should have taken a photo. A Christmas miracle.
Old 12-23-2015 | 10:59 AM

Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
It is amazing how much space we have in these cars when needed, makes me smile.....