E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just to say hi, and buying advice pls...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E 350 AMG Sport Coupe 2015
Just to say hi, and buying advice pls...

Hi there all

Just joined after finding your forums. I am purchasing a Nov 2014 E350 AMG Sport Coupe on Monday, which has two documented services and only 11.5k miles on the clock. It does look great in Grey..

she's moving homes on Monday!

So mechanically and cosmetically she is A1, but never having owned a MB of any description before I am unsure of what to look for. For example, I know I should be getting two keys and presumably a locking wheel nut, but are there any other bits and bobs that should come with the car that could easily be missed by a non-MB car dealer?

Oh and while I am at it, how easy is it to check on full spec for the actual car? Do I need to go into a dealer to get this? And finally, can I find if there are any recalls on this model?

Cheers all and thanks for your input.

PP

Last edited by Pilot Pete; 03-18-2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: to add more questions
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
I think there are plenty of sites that will take a VIN and let you know what was equipped on that car. I can't think of anything off the top of my head as far as bits and pieces to check for. The only thing that comes to mind as far as recalls, is to get the rotors checked. Some of us had some shuddering on braking, and MB replaced them.

Great looking car by the way!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
The site that works for me is vindecoderz.com.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E 350 AMG Sport Coupe 2015
Thanks both. Dealer included a MB generated list of options with the documentation so that is sorted.

No brake judder on the ride home, all very taught and literally it is like a new car with so few miles on the clock. Just working my way through all the functions. One thing I can't seem to find is how to dim the sat nav screen. I know there is some sort of automatic system based on ambient light, but it was too bright during the drive home. Found the instrument cluster lighting control but this doesn't adjust the command screen...any ideas?

Cheers again.

PP
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by Pilot Pete
Thanks both. Dealer included a MB generated list of options with the documentation so that is sorted.

No brake judder on the ride home, all very taught and literally it is like a new car with so few miles on the clock. Just working my way through all the functions. One thing I can't seem to find is how to dim the sat nav screen. I know there is some sort of automatic system based on ambient light, but it was too bright during the drive home. Found the instrument cluster lighting control but this doesn't adjust the command screen...any ideas?

Cheers again.

PP
go to settings in the comand system. There should be a setting in there.