E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

C207 E Class Coupe Subwoofer Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E220 CDI AMG Sport (C207) - 2012
Smile C207 E Class Coupe Subwoofer Install

Hey dudesss,

What an awesome forum! This is my first time posting, and after more than a week of reading I am still unsure about the way to go in order to wire an AMP and subwoofer into my 2012 E coupe.

Has anyone ever done this, and is it similar to a W212?

My main concerns are as follows:

- I have an auxillary battery in the rear, just to the right of the spare wheel. Seems pretty small and I suppose it does get charged while driving, however will this be enough to power a sub?

- Regarding the signal cables, should I open up the HU and use an RCA converter, or tap in from elsewhere in the car? Being a coupe, I'm a little unsure of where to find cables and such.

- Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the speaker wire colours etc....?

- Back to my first point, if I am unable to wire my AMP to the AUX battery, where can I find a hole in the firewall and how easy it is to route the power cable from there?

Sorry about all the questions, but like I mentioned, after a week of searching the web and various forums like this, I'm still unable to find answers to my "specific" question. My main concern is that AUX battery.

In terms of the equipment I will be installing, it is as follows:

- Pioneer TS-W311S4 12" Subwoofer

- Pioneer GM-A5702 Amplifier

- Proper wiring kit with fuse for the live cable purchased as well, and a CALIFORNIA (yellow unit) RCA converter which I may not need. Got it off ebay.

Really looking forward to getting some responses from all you awesome peoples, in time for my install tomorrow. May just have to figure it out as I go.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
Wish I had some input to give, but I don't yet. I am planning to add a single 10" sub sooner or later to mine.

I can't imagine running a power cable from the main battery to the trunk is any more difficult than any other car though.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 cabriolet
Teodor - I can describe to you what I used and provide pictures but I paid a local audio guy $175 to install mine. From the pictures you can see he tied the power cables to the battery in the trunk. I remember stopping by and seeing he had the interior drivers door sill out and also my back seats. My bass knob is under my dash so that could be why he had door sill runner off but I would imagine the fuse wire was tied in somewhere up front as well. The back seats were out to tie the LC2i line converter into my rear stock sub or rear speakers. Here's a list of what I had installed and it sounds awesome.

Pioneer - TS- SWX2502 - 10" - eBay - $104.00 shipped new
Alpine - MRV-M500- Mono 500 amp - eBay - $139.95 shipped new
Alpine - Rux - Knob - sub Knob - eBay - $22.00 - Shipped new
Audiocontrol LC2i - 2 channel line output converter - eBay - $67.95 shipped new

Sorry I can't be more help as My audio electronics knowledge is limited, lol.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Teodor Kolev
Hey dudesss,

What an awesome forum! This is my first time posting, and after more than a week of reading I am still unsure about the way to go in order to wire an AMP and subwoofer into my 2012 E coupe.

Has anyone ever done this, and is it similar to a W212?

My main concerns are as follows:

- I have an auxillary battery in the rear, just to the right of the spare wheel. Seems pretty small and I suppose it does get charged while driving, however will this be enough to power a sub?

- Regarding the signal cables, should I open up the HU and use an RCA converter, or tap in from elsewhere in the car? Being a coupe, I'm a little unsure of where to find cables and such.

- Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the speaker wire colours etc....?

- Back to my first point, if I am unable to wire my AMP to the AUX battery, where can I find a hole in the firewall and how easy it is to route the power cable from there?

Sorry about all the questions, but like I mentioned, after a week of searching the web and various forums like this, I'm still unable to find answers to my "specific" question. My main concern is that AUX battery.

In terms of the equipment I will be installing, it is as follows:

- Pioneer TS-W311S4 12" Subwoofer

- Pioneer GM-A5702 Amplifier

- Proper wiring kit with fuse for the live cable purchased as well, and a CALIFORNIA (yellow unit) RCA converter which I may not need. Got it off ebay.

Really looking forward to getting some responses from all you awesome peoples, in time for my install tomorrow. May just have to figure it out as I go.

Were you able to figure this out? I'm going to be installing mine soon, wanted to see if you found a wire diagram or if you know which wires to tap into in the rear deck?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 ML500 4JGBB75E56A053890
Not an E class owner, yet. But from experience with other Mercedes, I would not use the AUX battery as your power source for your sub amp. Depending on the size amp and how you use it, you may cause other control problems with the car. You're better off just going to the main source of power.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E550 Coupe
I know this is an older post, but I just installed a sub (12' IDMAX) and amp (NVX jad1200.1) into my C207 and connected to the auxiliary battery in the trunk. The main battery and auxiliary battery are both connected to the vehicles charging system (alternator) and that is what is really powering your amp. As long as your charging system can handle the cars needs (running the car and charging the batteries) plus your amp, I think you are okay.

I tapped my signals for LOC (LC2i) right at the factory sub. I tried tapping both the pre-amp (white/brown) and post-amp (green/brown) signal and for some reason they both did not result in a good sound. The lower bass frequencies were missing. I was at wits end trying to figure it out, so I just took the leads that connect directly to the factory sub...and voila.