E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Couple questions (?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e class coupe
Couple questions (?)

Been lurking the forums for a while and finally signed up. I drive a 2012 e coupe since dec 2011.

Went in for a service at a local garage...

got a complimentary interior "detail" and when I got the car back it was missing a trim on the ac trim.

long story short he said it was like that lol and when i asked a mb dealership they said they dont sell it separately and i have to buy the whole center unit.

Does anyone know where I can order it?

attached a photo. Please and ty!!! Wtf...

lastly i am planning on facelifting my car after seeing the various threads on here and was wondering if there is anyone else that sells the headlight conversion kit other than chris. And is it necessary for the tail lights as well? ✌️Parts are hard to come by in canada !!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Wow! The old "That's the way it came in excuse". So much for complimentary "detailing" huh? Just one of the many reasons why you avoid the so-called "local garages" and stick with either a good MB independent shop in your area or worst case MB service. May cost a bit more, but you usually tend to avoid these type of issues. I bet this guy's idea of doing a complimentary detail was just using a shop vacuum set to maximum power and running the nozzle over everything on the interior. That's probably how he dislodged the piece you're now missing. Got sucked right into the vacuum.

On the trim part you're looking for, you should check out the local salvage yards in your area. Don't think you're going to find just this trim piece sold separately and it would be insane to have to buy a whole new console unit for what you're looking for. It clearly is something you can pop off an old unit with a jeweler's screwdriver and then pop into place in your car. Sometimes you can find the piece you're looking for and it costs almost nothing. Just a thought.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E550 cabriolet and 2017 CLS 550
I would also consider a tool and die maker/machinist. Shouldn't be difficult for one of these guys to fashion that for you.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e class coupe
Appreciate the input on the issue.

Stopped taking it to the dealer after my warranty ran out and the first visit was flawless but I guess lesson learned.

I was hoping that it was something that happens often with a quick fix like "yeah its a 2$ piece you can buy from xxx"

Oh well thanks!!