E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Low battery voltage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2009 CLK550 convertible, 2012 ,,E550 Cabrio, 2012 Audi Q5
Low battery voltage

My 2012 E 550 Cabrio has not been driven much in the last month and when it was driven it was short trips. That being said , today we went for a 20 minute ride and I waited with the top down and radio playing while my wife took care of some business. I received a warning to start the car. I ran the car briefly and shut it off but the radio would only run for a short time and shut off, apparently due to a low battery. When I finally started the car it barely turned over and immediately I got a warning that the drivers airbag was inoperative and several other functions were also inoperative. After driving for about 15 minutes all warnings disappeared. I put my Ctek charger on it when I returned home. I had the same warnings one other time and they went away the more I used the car. Has anyone else had similar warnings that could be associated with a low battery voltage? My 2007 CLK 550 was very prone to throwing strange codes when not driven due to low battery voltage. A quick charge would always cure them after several start/ stop cycles. I am beginning to believe that these cars are very sensitive to battery voltage and it they are not driven regularly it can trigger strange codes and warnings.