E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just picked up '18 E400 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 e400 coupe
Just picked up '18 E400 Coupe

Hi All- been lurking on this forum for a while, but since I picked up a new E400 coupe over the weekend, I decided to become an active member. This my 3rd Mercedes: prior two were 2012 CLS and 2016 E350; a couple quick observations:

1. My car has airmatic suspension. The drive reminds me of the CLS and how in control the car feels, even in cornering. This is truly groundbreaking technology and I'm glad it is finally offered on the E class. In my opinion it is well worth the ~$2K.

2. B/c of the pillarless windows, I am using the sunroof alot more than in my other benzes. When the windows and sunroof are down, it really does feel like I'm in a convertible.

3. Massage feature feels kinda gimmicky and weak. But maybe I need to play around w/ the settings. Will keep you posted.

So far, so good..

P.S. Thanks for all the helpful posts!! Really helped me zero in on this car.
The following users liked this post:
Grey.Coupe (10-09-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 09:20 AM
fvc

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Porsche Cayman S, 2018 E400 4-matic Coupe
I ordered mine a month ago ... two months to go (hopefully). I did get the air body control, even though the dealer did not have one to test drive. Glad you think I made the right choice!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by socal818benz
Hi All- been lurking on this forum for a while, but since I picked up a new E400 coupe over the weekend, I decided to become an active member. This my 3rd Mercedes: prior two were 2012 CLS and 2016 E350; a couple quick observations:

1. My car has airmatic suspension. The drive reminds me of the CLS and how in control the car feels, even in cornering. This is truly groundbreaking technology and I'm glad it is finally offered on the E class. In my opinion it is well worth the ~$2K.

2. B/c of the pillarless windows, I am using the sunroof alot more than in my other benzes. When the windows and sunroof are down, it really does feel like I'm in a convertible.

3. Massage feature feels kinda gimmicky and weak. But maybe I need to play around w/ the settings. Will keep you posted.

So far, so good..

P.S. Thanks for all the helpful posts!! Really helped me zero in on this car.
Congrats!

Damn. I wanted the Air Body Control but didn't want to wait 2 months to get it. I still love the way the car rides, but it sounds like it is significantly better.

The massages are kinda weak. They always have been - though the "activating" and "Mobilizing" are probably the best of the 4.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 e400 coupe
Originally Posted by Loum67
Congrats!

Damn. I wanted the Air Body Control but didn't want to wait 2 months to get it. I still love the way the car rides, but it sounds like it is significantly better.

The massages are kinda weak. They always have been - though the "activating" and "Mobilizing" are probably the best of the 4.
Thanks! My dealer only had one airmatic car, which was close to ~$80K and fully loaded w/ options I don't need esp in Socal (e.g. magic vision control for those rainy days which we rarely get). Next time, I'm gonna do what fvc did and order the car.

Good to know about the massage feature. I also test drove the S-class and thought that the massage feature was better. But then again everything feels better in an S-class
Old 10-06-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E400C4
Originally Posted by socal818benz
1. My car has airmatic suspension.
My fav thing about this feature is hitting the "raise up" and feeling the car float upwards.