E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Passenger Seatbelt Presenter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 convertible
Passenger Seatbelt Presenter

Hey,
So the passenger front seatbelt presenter mechanism in my car is acting up. When I start the car the seatbelt will present forward and retract back. But when I hit the button on the center console to present the seatbelt ONLY the driver side comes forward. The fact that on car startup the passenger seatbelt mechanism moves tells me that it is working, but something on the control side is messed up. Any suggestions on where to look?

Also, the door rubber trim is starting to come off (have had a recent spate of cold weather here in FL), any adhesive suggestions to keep it on? I have tried marine sealant in the past. Any comments welcome. Thanks!

HS
Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 AM

2013 E350 Cabriolet
Has the passenger side door been opened before you tried this? In both situations, at startup and when hitting the button, the seatbelt presenter gets only activated when the respective door on that side had been opened before and the car thinks someone got in.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 PM

E350 convertible
Originally Posted by H-ManZX
Has the passenger side door been opened before you tried this? In both situations, at startup and when hitting the button, the seatbelt presenter gets only activated when the respective door on that side had been opened before and the car thinks someone got in.
Good point. When my wife (usual passenger) sits and I push the button, it does NOT present the seatbelt. It only presents the seatbelt on startup (but not every time I start the car). I suspect a relay and/or fuse would be bad? Thoughts?