E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E200 Coupé 2011, Engine suddenly Stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 Coupé 2011
Exclamation E200 Coupé 2011, Engine suddenly Stop

Hi Friends form the Forum,

I write from Chile. I have dificults with my car and I hope someone knows the source of the problem so i can fix it.

I have an E200 Coupé manufactured in 2011 at the Sindelfingen plant, it has used only 50,000 kms., and I have always carried out the maintenance at the dealership (Kaufmann is the representative of the brand in Chile).

When the engine is running and the car is not moving (foot on the brake, like in the traffic light wating for the green light) and the gear selector is on the position “D” or “R”, the engine sudennly stop (it happens two or three times in ten). To explain better, is like in a car with mecanic gear box, when the car is not moving, engine running and de gear box is on the first gear position you remove your foot from the clutch without step on the gas, teh car jumps and the engine stops.

The big problem is that no light remains on in the dash board of the car, an no error is reported when the car is connected to an a Marcedes Benz scanner. Even a data package was sent to the factory and the answer was “theres is not failure”, but the problem remains... the car keep stoping.

Please sorry my bad english, is someone can help I’ll be very gratful.
Bye.

Here Some videos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtbn7rqux3...Motor.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdpnhylubj...20RPM.mov?dl=0
Old 02-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I regret that i can't help diagnostically. There are many electrical and mechanical parts that would demonstrate your issue, however I would continue to discuss the issue with the dealer. Every time it happens call the dealer. Keep doing so until they find the faulty part.
The following users liked this post:
Dalevaci (03-01-2018)