E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2012 E550 Cabrio distronic plus issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet, 2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
2012 E550 Cabrio distronic plus issue

I'm having some issues with my distronic plus. I have an aftermarket grill that is compatible with distronic plus however I'm not sure that the grill is the problem. The car came that way with the aftermarket grill so I have do not have the factory one but would assume that the grill is not the problem. The issue is that when driving at any speed and overtaking other cars, my E550 thinks that the cars in the lane next to it are actually in front of it. If I'm closing in on or getting ready to overtake a car on the left or the right with distronic plus on, the car slams on the brakes thinking that it is avoiding an accident. Even when monitoring the distance display, you can see how it thinks that the cars to the side are actually in front of it. My thought is that if it were the grill, it would only cause problems with the cars directly in front of it which it does not. Distronic works perfectly on one lane roads following other cars. It is only on a multi lane road when other cars are to the side of mine that causes the problem.

Anyone else encounter an issue like this? is there a way to have the distronic plus sensors in the front bumper re-calibrated?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
I recall seeing someone else post an issue along these lines. did you do a search? i believe there is a calibration procedure available that the dealer only can do. call the service adviser up and ask them. would love to know how it turns out , please post a response. lots of folks dont bother updating with the solution once they get on this board and solve their problem.

try removing the grill and driving without it to see if it affects it at all. let us know!