E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Mass airflow sensor fault 2012 E350 v6 diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350, Bmw 530d, classic mini clubman
Mass airflow sensor fault 2012 E350 v6 diesel

Hey guys
Any help on this would be great. I have plugged in my code reader after the engine light stayed on and the car is lurching a bit. It confirmed the MAF sensor. However I can't get a new sensor from anywhere other than Mercedes direct.. And they will only sell the higher assembly costing £630!!!

So can anyone help me identify the part i need to change exactly and also point out where it is in the engine bay. As I'm struggling to figure out exactly where it is.

cheers everybody 👍
Old 10-27-2018, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by foggy_12
Hey guys
Any help on this would be great. I have plugged in my code reader after the engine light stayed on and the car is lurching a bit. It confirmed the MAF sensor. However I can't get a new sensor from anywhere other than Mercedes direct.. And they will only sell the higher assembly costing £630!!!

So can anyone help me identify the part i need to change exactly and also point out where it is in the engine bay. As I'm struggling to figure out exactly where it is.

cheers everybody 👍
i can recommend the following - remove the whole MAD housing and clean the sensors out with switch cleaner. Whilst you’re there you should replace the large orange turbo seal and the smaller orange seal next to it. Also remove and clean the air filters out from debris. I had similar issues with our 350 and this seemed to sort it out. Also when done it’s worth running a turbo cleaner through it - we use the Forte one with good results.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:55 PM

E350, Bmw 530d, classic mini clubman
Originally Posted by Michiganstar

i can recommend the following - remove the whole MAD housing and clean the sensors out with switch cleaner. Whilst you’re there you should replace the large orange turbo seal and the smaller orange seal next to it. Also remove and clean the air filters out from debris. I had similar issues with our 350 and this seemed to sort it out. Also when done it’s worth running a turbo cleaner through it - we use the Forte one with good results.
Thanks for that I will check it out and clean it all up. You can't take the grill off to properly clean them though can you. Did you just spray the cleaner over them through the grill?
Old 10-27-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Yes I just sprayed the switch cleaner through the grills. It worked for me and switch cleaner is cheaper than MB parts!! It’s pretty easy to do. MB don’t replace the orange seals as part of the service items but most indy’s recommend them changed with every oil service.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Just make sure you don't tough the wire in the MAF if you use a switch cleaner with the straw type applicator through the grill.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:49 AM

E350 Brabus D6
How did you get on?