E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Takata Repair Results in SRS Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Question Takata Repair Results in SRS Malfunction

Hello! I own a 2011 350 E Class. The car has been driving just fine. I received a letter regarding the Takata Airbag Recall and that I should bring it in for a FREE replacement. I did just that. They also ran a diagnostic and said nothing was wrong with the vehicle but they recommended my serpentine belt be replaced at some point. The next day while driving the Front Left SRS Malfunction Service message comes on. I took it in yesterday and today they called and stated that I would need to pay $800 to have it fixed.

It seems that is a diagnostic was run during the Takata airbag replacement, that the SRS Malfunction would have been detected at that time, right???
Old 02-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Jessica Rich
It seems that is a diagnostic was run during the Takata airbag replacement, that the SRS Malfunction would have been detected at that time, right?
Request second diagnostic details - fault code(s), recommended part(s) replacement, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2017030011.pdf (1.73 MB, 125 views)
Old 02-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
E 450 4matic cab MY22
Originally Posted by Jessica Rich
Hello! I own a 2011 350 E Class. The car has been driving just fine. I received a letter regarding the Takata Airbag Recall and that I should bring it in for a FREE replacement. I did just that. They also ran a diagnostic and said nothing was wrong with the vehicle but they recommended my serpentine belt be replaced at some point. The next day while driving the Front Left SRS Malfunction Service message comes on. I took it in yesterday and today they called and stated that I would need to pay $800 to have it fixed.

It seems that is a diagnostic was run during the Takata airbag replacement, that the SRS Malfunction would have been detected at that time, right???

I certainly can't imagine how they could charge you for a problem they no doubt caused. I would go as far up the chain as it took till someone agreed to resolve the problem the dealership caused.