E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

C207 command screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
C207 command screen

Hi there I'm new the the c207 world. Looking at getting one this week. Just wandering if you get different size screens with the command systems.. I sat in one a few weeks ago and the screen seemed quite small but in some of the photos I see online for sale ads some of the screens look bigger but not sure if it is the wonders of photos making Itvlook bigger than it is..
Hope someone knows the answer to this, the buttons and controls look the same but not sure of there is different versions of the command systems that have the bigger screens or if there is an entry version. Thankssss
Old 04-27-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Yes, depends on the system you have. Audio 20/50 are 6" screens and Comand are 7". Both are pretty low red though and fitting a 7" screen to a 6" device will just have bigger text with less definition.

Some of use have replaced the OEM screen with an Android head unit which sits like a tablet on the dash and is 10.25" wide. There is also a 9" Android version which fits in the OEM gap, but the Android software is not very good on that one.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
thanks very much. I take it the only difference is the screen size its self? Or is the software different aswell. The button panel looks the same in nearly all of them that I have seen so not sure if you can only tell by the screen size.. thanks
Old 04-27-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
No, the screen is a screen, but does have some difference depending on the main unit. The main unit is the part with all the buttons. They may look the same, but they aren't.
Audio 20 can have NAVI button or not depending on whether it has the pre-wired sat nav box. Audio 40 has a CD stacker.
Then you have to consider the year, is it NGT 4, NGT4.5 or NGT 5.1.

Easiest way is to get the VIN decoded which should tell you what you have. Not sure if it will work for you but try putting your VIN into https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Whichever way, to upgrade the system and screen you are looking at $1k and more in parts. To add the Android unit you are looking at around $600 for the unit.