E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Disc Player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 e350 cabriolet
Disc Player

I have ejected my discs from my e350 because I don't know how to turn off the sound. Every time I start the car the disc player goes on automatically. HELP!
Old 05-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Welcome to MBworld!

Moving you question to the E350 forum.

Bob
Old 05-31-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Unless there was a radical change in succeeding years, you should have an audio mute button in the center of the right side steering wheel controls. It looks like a speaker with a slash through it:

The audio system in these cars is a bit odd in that there is no actual on/off button specifically for the audio; rather, there is an on/off button in the center dash stack for the entire multimedia system, which shuts off the COMAND system (including navigation and everything else that you interact with from the screen). The audio on/off button on the steering wheel is referred to as "Mute", which is a misnomer because it doesn't simply mute the sound - it stops audio playback. For example, if I'm playing music from a USB drive in my console and I'm one minute into a certain song when I press the steering wheel mute button, playback of the sound stops at that point. If I then press the mute button again, the song resumes from the exact point where I had previously stopped it. If the button actually muted the sound (instead of turning off the audio player), the song would continue to play in the system, but with the volume turned all the way off.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:41 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 E400
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
...The audio on/off button on the steering wheel is referred to as "Mute", which is a misnomer because it doesn't simply mute the sound - it stops audio playback. For example, if I'm playing music from a USB drive in my console and I'm one minute into a certain song when I press the steering wheel mute button, playback of the sound stops at that point. If I then press the mute button again, the song resumes from the exact point where I had previously stopped it. If the button actually muted the sound (instead of turning off the audio player), the song would continue to play in the system, but with the volume turned all the way off.
Think of it as the MB engineers were being considerate to the end-users so they wouldn't miss anything...
Old 05-31-2019, 02:53 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by pl626
Think of it as the MB engineers were being considerate to the end-users so they wouldn't miss anything...
Don't misunderstand, I like how it functions. I just think it's stupid to refer to it as a "Mute" button, when that's not what it does.