E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Squeaking driver window when under the sun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e350 coupe c207 2010
Squeaking driver window when under the sun

Hello,
I seem to have a problem with my car. When the car sits under the sun for more than an hour, the driver side window starts squeeling whenever i open or close it. I had this problem last year in summer time, i bought silicone spray and used. Unfortunately, this year, no matter how much silicone spray i apply to the window, it still squeals like hell. Ant advice on how i should apply silicone or something? or is there any other alternative that might solve my problem?
Old 03-21-2020, 09:45 PM

Received 175 Likes on 149 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Are you certain the noise is from the glass? Seems obvious it is but maybe it's something else inside. Does the noise sound different than it did before using silicone? I ask that because silicone is not for metal to metal and it could've washed away or contaminated real lube on some metal part so now its making noise.
We'll assume it's the rubber against the glass, and if so how have lubed it? Like spray the rubber or spray the entire window? And did you do both sides or just the outside?

What I do for problem things like this is use dry lube like moly or tungsten disulfide, but you can also use graphite and motor mica. These can be rubbed into rubber so they're slick. Many wiper blades these days use graphite, which only took them like 100 years to figure out... Fyi they don't seem to use much on wipers and they start squeaking or chattering again, so if you have said dry lubes on hand you can apply it yourself.
Ideally you need to find the spot giving you the trouble so you can apply it by rubbing into the rubber, but you can also apply to the glass and some will get on the offending rubber. All but the motor mica is more or less a very dark pencil lead gray and can stain stuff just like you'd imagine powdered pencil lead would. Just fyi to be wary when using. Motor Mica is white and more or less not staining, but I have not tried it on black rubber so it may make it whitish? Should wash off but fyi.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:10 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Talcum powder works