E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

02 sensor won't get ready for smog.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 03:46 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
02 sensor won't get ready for smog.

Just got my car back from the dealer and they did a number of tests on it etc. I'm sure the battery was disconnected at some point but its been about a week and almost all my readiness sensors are back on but my o2 sensor. What's even stranger is that i took it for a long drive on the freeway to hopefully get this one ready so I could return the next day and it actually showed ready on my tester. I started it up the next day and drove down to the smog place and FAIL. I confirmed with my machine as well and it now is showing fail. I've never seen a readiness monitor show ready then become unready again without resetting the battery. Also I have no lights on currently on the dash. Could my issue be a bad 02 sensor? I would think I'd have some sort of light on the dash. Most recently I bought one of those bottles of 02 cleaner just to see if it was worth a damn.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:20 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
My 2017 C63 failed and today makes TWICE! So I have to pay again.

O2 Not Ready
Heated O2 Not Ready

Drove a few days to reset drive cycle, no luck.

I do have a EC TUNE, so I emailed to ask if they turned off my O2 Sensors? It’s stock so they shouldn’t have, BUT if they say NO they didn’t.

I can easily put Car Computer back to Stock and plan to do that!

it’s under warranty so if The EuroCharged Didn’t do anything, and if I go back to stock and it fails again, I’ll bring to dealer and let them sort it out.

good Luck