E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anybody running BC Racing Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2020 | 01:16 AM

E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Anybody running BC Racing Coilovers?

So it's time for me to finally tackle my leaking front strut on my E550. Has anybody installed BC racing coilovers on their coupes? Can I get some pics / reviews? I've asked around and some people say they are stiff as hell.. super bumpy and the quality is not great.

I know KW is the best, but they are a bit on the expensive side for me. The OEM struts will cost me $2500 cad just for the pair.. so I figured, live with the sport mode on all the time and go with coilovers .
The following users liked this post:
SPT260 (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020 | 03:57 AM

350 CDI E Class Coupe
Matt

Originally Posted by patrickkc
So it's time for me to finally tackle my leaking front strut on my E550. Has anybody installed BC racing coilovers on their coupes? Can I get some pics / reviews? I've asked around and some people say they are stiff as hell.. super bumpy and the quality is not great.

I know KW is the best, but they are a bit on the expensive side for me. The OEM struts will cost me $2500 cad just for the pair.. so I figured, live with the sport mode on all the time and go with coilovers .

Hi
I was thinking of installing BC race coilovers for my E350 CDI but after speaking to my mechanic he advised me not to do it otherwise I wouldn’t enjoy the hard ride. These are for track purposes and not every day driving.

Instead I opted for a set of H&R sport springs and Bilstien B4 shocks, the ride is perfect with a balance of sportiness and comfort. You can put your foot down with confidence to take on sharper bends at higher speeds which was a problem before. But if you’re cruising the ride is comfortable enough for you to arrive at your destination with the need to see a chiropractor.

H&R sport springs and Bilstien B4 shocks
Old 05-12-2020 | 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by 369742
Hi
I was thinking of installing BC race coilovers for my E350 CDI but after speaking to my mechanic he advised me not to do it otherwise I wouldn’t enjoy the hard ride. These are for track purposes and not every day driving.

Instead I opted for a set of H&R sport springs and Bilstien B4 shocks, the ride is perfect with a balance of sportiness and comfort. You can put your foot down with confidence to take on sharper bends at higher speeds which was a problem before. But if you’re cruising the ride is comfortable enough for you to arrive at your destination with the need to see a chiropractor.

H&R sport springs and Bilstien B4 shocks
Interesting, I've heard some people say the BC racing coilovers are super stiff too. But for the price, it seems very good at $1k. Would you happen to have the p/n for the H&R springs? Also By changing over to the bilsteins, your sport light is always on now right?
Old 05-12-2020 | 06:57 AM

mercedes e class coupe 2009
Originally Posted by patrickkc
Interesting, I've heard some people say the BC racing coilovers are super stiff too. But for the price, it seems very good at $1k. Would you happen to have the p/n for the H&R springs? Also By changing over to the bilsteins, your sport light is always on now right?
There are quite a few H&R springs available on eBay if you decide to go down this route.

>H&r Lowering springs for Mercedes W207 E-Class Coupe Cabrio Abe 25mm 29076-2

>H&r Springs Abe 30mm Mercedes E-Class Coupe + Cabrio w207 Lowering, just depends on you how low you wanna go!
I went for the 25mm 29076-2

The Bilstiens won’t effect the sport light, there are compatible without any issues to sensors. All I do now is change the settings from comfort to sport when I feel like it.
Old 05-12-2020 | 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Martin Mattis
There are quite a few H&R springs available on eBay if you decide to go down this route.

>H&r Lowering springs for Mercedes W207 E-Class Coupe Cabrio Abe 25mm 29076-2

>H&r Springs Abe 30mm Mercedes E-Class Coupe + Cabrio w207 Lowering, just depends on you how low you wanna go!
I went for the 25mm 29076-2

The Bilstiens won’t effect the sport light, there are compatible without any issues to sensors. All I do now is change the settings from comfort to sport when I feel like it.
The Bilstein's wouldn't trigger the error? I have electronic suspension, so I think any strut I put in there except for the oem one will trigger and error and I'll be in sport mode.

Also, has anybody had ST suspension coilovers? I've also looked at this company but I can't find much information regarding this company with members on here.