E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Steering wheel swap question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Steering wheel swap question

I bought a pre-facelift w204 c63 steering wheel. It has the round buttons which is same as the one on my e550 so no column swap should be needed.

Anyways, I plugged in the new wheels and the buttons light up only. Paddles, horn, buttons all don't work. Anybody have done this and can troubleshoot? Most people swap out to the facelift wheel with a new column but I opted for pre-facelift on purpose so I didn't have to change the column.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
20112 Mercedes E350 Coupe
Did you remember to disconnect the battery before you started?? That may throw some code issues.. I do recall seeing several MB wheels (Pre FL vs FL) that appear to be the same button configuration but then something like arrows are in a different place button wise and thus they needed a new SW column.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Originally Posted by MercModder727
Did you remember to disconnect the battery before you started?? That may throw some code issues.. I do recall seeing several MB wheels (Pre FL vs FL) that appear to be the same button configuration but then something like arrows are in a different place button wise and thus they needed a new SW column.
yep, disconnected battery.

I got it all figured out thanks to some help from the E-coupe FB group. I swapped over the PCB board and all is working. Even though both wheels are PFL, the buttons , horn and paddles didn't work until I swapped the PCB over.