E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E350 Cabrio Roof wont fully close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Cabrio
E350 Cabrio Roof wont fully close

Hi All,
Sunday last dropped the roof on my E350 Cabrio without issue. On returning home 20:00 and cold the roof did not fully close. Tries a few times to no avail. So drove to local fuel station to see if I could locate the issue, something in the trunk that was inhibiting the closure, but no. After numerous attempts decided to drive home 90mins with the roof down and investigate on my drive. So, fault located to microswitch damaged "S84/22 Soft top compartment cover in catch position limit switch ". left roof partially closed and ordered 2 off replacement microswitches. Studied Youtube for info on manually closing/opening roof. Managed to get roof compartment open after releasing hydraulic pressure at the pump, with the two straps. ( extremely difficult to do ) following the video, next was to locate two strut "locking mechanisms" and turn 90 degrees anti clockwise" here I was unable to pull out the mechanism and rotate??? OK, replaced both microswitches, and refitted roof as per video. Powered up the car..... Pulled the roof switch, windows down, good sign, I can hear the pump running, Nothing else.??? push leaver down, pump running again nothing. Managed to get roof up, so the car is usable, but roof wont move??
.Any ideas please.
Also, tried to open the roof compartment with the two straps, and now this wont open either?? so at least the roof is closed and its raining hard.
What am I doing wrong??

This is one of the buttons to "pull out and rotate 90 degrees - mine don't move??
Old 11-06-2020, 08:49 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
2011 Diamond White E550 Cabriolet P2 Sport Ash interior
Originally Posted by Daidub
Hi All,
Sunday last dropped the roof on my E350 Cabrio without issue. On returning home 20:00 and cold the roof did not fully close. Tries a few times to no avail. So drove to local fuel station to see if I could locate the issue, something in the trunk that was inhibiting the closure, but no. After numerous attempts decided to drive home 90mins with the roof down and investigate on my drive. So, fault located to microswitch damaged "S84/22 Soft top compartment cover in catch position limit switch ". left roof partially closed and ordered 2 off replacement microswitches. Studied Youtube for info on manually closing/opening roof. Managed to get roof compartment open after releasing hydraulic pressure at the pump, with the two straps. ( extremely difficult to do ) following the video, next was to locate two strut "locking mechanisms" and turn 90 degrees anti clockwise" here I was unable to pull out the mechanism and rotate??? OK, replaced both microswitches, and refitted roof as per video. Powered up the car..... Pulled the roof switch, windows down, good sign, I can hear the pump running, Nothing else.??? push leaver down, pump running again nothing. Managed to get roof up, so the car is usable, but roof wont move??
.Any ideas please.
Also, tried to open the roof compartment with the two straps, and now this wont open either?? so at least the roof is closed and its raining hard.
What am I doing wrong??

This is one of the buttons to "pull out and rotate 90 degrees - mine don't move??
my roof would not fully closed to be a $20 switch

I posted the part number and how to fix it if this helps:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...ml#post7131535

Last edited by MuddyBlueJeans; 11-06-2020 at 08:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mikey08 (11-06-2020)