E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Left turn signal doesn't shut off by itself in heat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E350 Cab
Left turn signal doesn't shut off by itself in heat

My C207 is nearly always in a garage when I'm not driving it, so it really never gets super hot from the sun. But yesterday it was in a surface parking lot for 4 hours at 90F, and it got hot inside. I mean, it was uncomfortable, but not insanely hot like other cars I've been in on hotter days.

Anyway, when I drove it that evening, the left (but not the right) turn signal didn't shut off by itself due to the steering wheel turning back - I had to move the stalk back manually. This morning, after the car had cooled in the garage overnight, the left turn signal worked fine. Still working fine after three more hours in the garage in the daytime.

The heat is the only new thing I can think of that changed, so it has to be at least partly the cause. Anyone else have this kind of thing happen? Is this the leading edge of the eventual problem where it doesn't work at all?

Dealer says the only thing he can fix is to replace the entire control unit, which is basically all three stalks and the computer. Pricey, so I'll wait until there's a big problem if that's the only fix. Is he right?