E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

DPF/EGR/Turbo issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E 220CDI coupe
DPF/EGR/Turbo issue?

Hi guys. I have kind of a complicated problem, hope my English will be good enough to describe it.
I drive e220 cdi 2013(facelift) coupé, and I am starting to go crazy about this
It started maybe a year ago with DPF regeneration process starting really often. I thought it is just because I drove mostly short distances lately, so I brought it to highway, to do some oldschool DPF cleanup.
I drove like 20-30 minutes on 3200RPM. So high because I do not have manual mode. I do have paddles, so I can shift manually, but after 15 seconds it goes back to automatic mode. So I found a way - 112km/h speed at 3200RPM, hitting - paddle every 10ish seconds to keep the gearbox from shifting.
It seemed OK for a while, but then I got the problems back. Diagnosis showed codes P2279, 2281 and P0299.
The DPF regeneration was back again, combined with limp mode.
After some time spent under the hood I noticed damaged hose. The big one on the bottom of the enigine room. I think it is the one that takes cooled air to engine.
So I changed it, cleaned the DPF again (this time I even used some additive) and it again seemed OK for a short while.

Then again, the same story. DPF clean mode rly often and limp mode. I found out that the other one big *** hose is damaged, this time the orange one.
I have got a photo of this one. I took photo of the number, bought it, changed it, cleaned DPF again.

Damaged hose #2

Then I went to my friend for diagnostics. We found these problems

After clearing those messages, my car drove OK for 5 days. 5 days without DPF cleaning process, and then, on the 6th day, i got limp mode like one minute after I drove off.
No yellow engine light, just limp mode, with transmission working rly funny, power limited.
After I restarted my car, it drove normally, but the DPF regeneration process is back, so I expect my car to go to full limp mode shortly.

Do you have any clues, what could cause all this?
After finding those damaged hoses, I thought that they could have caused increased production of smoke, polluting the DPF really fast.
But after that last fail, I am not sure, if I should clean my EGR(that could cause my DPF to pollute rly fast too, am I right?)
Or is it a problem with my turbo?

Again, sorry for my English, I hope you will be able to understand my issue. Do not hesitate to ask, and thank you for your time
Old 04-22-2022, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mb s212 hybrid
Boost pipe

Boost pipes and intake manifold or "throtele body" and intake manifold. Chek those first...
Old 04-22-2022, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E 220CDI coupe
Originally Posted by Hybrid300
Boost pipes and intake manifold or "throtele body" and intake manifold. Chek those first...
Yea, it was a combination of one busted pipe, and two faulty lambda sensors.
The following users liked this post:
Siegmann (04-23-2022)