E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fluid Recommendations - Transmission, Brake, Power Steering, Differential and Coolant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 06:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Fluid Recommendations - Transmission, Brake, Power Steering, Differential and Coolant

In doing lots of reading on the forum, it seems that the Shell 134 (or is it 134 FE?) is it the fluid of choice for our transmissions?

Just wanting to verify before hitting the "buy" button.

Also, unrelated but I searched in the owners manual regarding brake fluid it's DOT 4+. I'd like to flush the old fluid out. Any recommended brands on that?

Also, any recommendations or insight on coolant and power steering?

Generally when I buy used vehicles, I tend to flush all of the old fluids out. That is my angle here. To start as fresh as possible in the event something is behind on maintenance.

Lastly, I also searched for differential fluid and didn't get any real hits or substantive information. Any suggestions on that? I am of the opinion that there is no such a thing as lifetime fluid.

Hopefully as I learn more about my car I'll be able to contribute to the forum as opposed to loading it up with questions.