E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A207 2010 E350 Drainage Channels - Wet Rear Footwell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Question A207 2010 E350 Drainage Channels - Wet Rear Footwell

Hi,

I have purchased a 2010 E350 (A207) a week back and noticed a wet rear footwell a day after I got the car...I vacumed the water out and used a heater - dehumidifier to dry out the wet carpet painstakingly squeeezing out as much water from the sound deadening as possible....last night it rained and I noticed today that the rear footwell behind passenger seat is wet again....I dont see any evidence of water seeping through window glass seals/roof lining....reading this forum i suspect its blocked drains...

I have not idea where all the drains on this model are located and which ones would be prime suspects for water to end up behind the passenger seat....Any one has a diagram of where all drain channels are and any guidance on how to flush /unblock them.

Thanks in Advance!! (scared of driving the car as I dont want to mess up any electronics)
Old 03-10-2021, 09:40 PM

2010 e550
Originally Posted by Kamran Zaki
Hi,

I have purchased a 2010 E350 (A207) a week back and noticed a wet rear footwell a day after I got the car...I vacumed the water out and used a heater - dehumidifier to dry out the wet carpet painstakingly squeeezing out as much water from the sound deadening as possible....last night it rained and I noticed today that the rear footwell behind passenger seat is wet again....I dont see any evidence of water seeping through window glass seals/roof lining....reading this forum i suspect its blocked drains...

I have not idea where all the drains on this model are located and which ones would be prime suspects for water to end up behind the passenger seat....Any one has a diagram of where all drain channels are and any guidance on how to flush /unblock them.

Thanks in Advance!! (scared of driving the car as I dont want to mess up any electronics)

Hey I may have an idea I fixed my e550 coupe. Please email me nickdigi7@yahoo.com
Old 03-10-2021, 09:41 PM

2010 e550
Contact me

Hi,

Hey I may have an idea I fixed my e550 coupe. Please email me nickdigi7 at yahoo dot com
Old 01-11-2024, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 e350 coupe
Did you solve this?

Hi,

have you figure out why there was water in having same issue now I pulled apart everything and can’t get it to leak when I put a hose to it
Old 02-09-2024, 01:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C207 550
Originally Posted by CleanMerc
have you figure out why there was water in having same issue now I pulled apart everything and can’t get it to leak when I put a hose to it
I'm having the same issue.
From what I've read it's a possible sunroof drain that's compromised, either plugged or cracked.
I've opened the sunroof, but I don't see any drain holes???
Old 02-11-2024, 06:01 PM

Received 167 Likes on 141 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I recall on my '99 CLK there was a sunroof drainage issue. At the four corners of the sunroof frame there was a drain hole of about 1/4". I only recall the fronts, which apparently were metal tubes brazed to the sunroof frame that leads down the A-Frame, but only metal for a few inches and rest was rubber tube. Complaints were the tube would dry and crack, maybe even break off? Luckily mine was just debris blocking the hole, just dust n plant material that was easily cleaned and I was good to go.
I don't remember the rear holes, maybe because they were too difficult to see? It's just be too long and I don't recall if I tried to see them or not.
Please take pictures and share the process to help others when you're done Someone may have already done just that and pix might b somewhere on this forum, or someone online.
Meanwhile, and to check if it's the roof or not, I'd tape up the sunroof. I'd also consider pulling up the carpet to dry it because it's likely still wet in there. Plus you can check if anything important got wet, before it fries. These cars have way too many plugs and electronic "things" in there, and all expensive.
Best of luck to you!