E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

When doing a hard accelaration.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe 2010
Question When doing a hard accelaration.

Hello people!

2 weeks ago I bought my wonderful 2010 Mercedes E350 CDI Coupé and I've loved every second. I have 2 problems tho..

1. I noticed recently if I do a hard pull to "at minimum" 40mph or more, it feels like it completely "jolts" forwards and backwards. When I do a normal accelaration to any desired speed, it goes just fine..?
It's quite worrying, but it ONLY happens at like, 70-80% throttle.. or more.

2. 50% of the time when I start the car, my ABS/ESP/SRS Airbag will turn off completely and report they are non-funtional.. If i restart the car, they work again?
This can also occur when starting the car once, and then opening the glovecompartment, or using the window wipers.

Any things I could checkout?..
Old 06-04-2021, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W168 W169
Regarding the problems you mentioned, it could be a lot of things, how do you mean that it lurches forth and back? You said at minimum, you mean at lowest rpm for a given gear? If so, and you when at min rpm for a given gear give it gas as to accelerate get the lurching and maybe even some knocking, it might be the engine mounts with the gearbox mounts aswell... From my working on mercs, most lurchings like that happen on cars your age... If you know that the car has had new mounts recently, it could be a lof of other things... Once I had a guy with one wheel loose a bit, I dont know how, 3 wheels were rock solid, but one had bolts loose and when tightened it solved it all... Sometimes it can be caused by brake assemblies being dry and worn and pins get to jump about... It could also be some of your suspension bushings on both sides that would allow for such symptoms, but that would come in a different package most likely... Check the engine and gbox mounts...
The same thing could be causing the second problem, as the sensors could be picking up on the engine start and smashing about like a problem and flash you up with nonsense as in response to a crash... It could also be coming from a low battery... Mercs love inventing nonexisting stuff once your voltage drops below the minimum... From esp coming on, to steering angle sensor going nuts and so on... Most of which tends to flash up...
Both the mounts if its them, and the battery could explain the second part... Check the battery voltage and dump it if anywhere near minimum or below... The mounts you can actually feel by hand if you know what you are looking for, but for that, I would send the car to you first local garage, ask the guy to check the batt with the voltmeter and to take a look at your mounts... If the guys there work on mercs, they will see if its those 2... I dont want expect it to be anything more serious than that... If the car was sold ya, it was most likely sold to you with some reason at the time it was... Someone liked the car for over a decade, but now that they dont want it no longer, they waited for a good reason to get rid of it, which likely could be a dying battery or mounts at the end, that you simply didnt notice when buying...

All the best to you, and much patience with the W207, they are the last mercedes after the Cl coupe and w123 before it... Take care of it and love it... Maybe over time I start offering custom machined parts for those as to keep them supported, at least in that department...