E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Smart Top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
'18 E400 Cab
Smart Top

Hey guys, I just had to share with some fellow cab owners. I bought my 2016 E400 cab 2 years ago, and finally paid the money for the smart top system. Installed about 2 months ago, and I have to say I love this thing. I chose the configuration of auto-closing windows when top goes up, and inverting the top up/down button so you push it down, the top goes down. The one-tap up/down is very useful, and having ECO off by default is perfect. IMO these all should've been OEM settings. No I'm not getting any kickback from the company for these, just wanted to share that if you have a cab and $350, this is among the best choices I've made in 2021. Right above getting that tattoo...but we don't need to go there.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Originally Posted by Grant_J
Hey guys, I just had to share with some fellow cab owners. I bought my 2016 E400 cab 2 years ago, and finally paid the money for the smart top system. Installed about 2 months ago, and I have to say I love this thing. I chose the configuration of auto-closing windows when top goes up, and inverting the top up/down button so you push it down, the top goes down. The one-tap up/down is very useful, and having ECO off by default is perfect. IMO these all should've been OEM settings. No I'm not getting any kickback from the company for these, just wanted to share that if you have a cab and $350, this is among the best choices I've made in 2021. Right above getting that tattoo...but we don't need to go there.
Smart top has been around for awhile. It has lost some of its usefulness since you can remotely raise and lower your top now. And you can raise and lower the top while moving now. Alway thought about it but never did it because I was always under warranty.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:01 AM

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
'18 E400 Cab
Yep

Originally Posted by Elvisfan0108
Smart top has been around for awhile. It has lost some of its usefulness since you can remotely raise and lower your top now. And you can raise and lower the top while moving now. Alway thought about it but never did it because I was always under warranty.
With OEM setup the key has to be within a few feet of the vehicle to open. That's almost useless. I want the top down by the time I get to the car. Just a convenience thing for me.. My extended warranty is still intact.. This module can be removed in a few minutes. No biggie.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
A207
I Installed mine, it sure looks awesome to have it close/open on the fob also converts to one-touch and doesn't stop when the ignition is turned off/on

Last edited by Tony MYMB; 08-21-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: sp
The following users liked this post:
Grant_J (08-22-2021)