E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E550 tuning question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 convertible
E550 tuning question

Hello I recently bought an E550 and am having some issues with the way Mercedes has tuned the transmission. In eco mode it's way too soft in shifting with starting in 2nd, and how quickly it hunts upper gears.

But in sport mode I find the suspension to be needlessly busy for no reason. It seems there's no way to divorce the suspension from the transmission.

And I'm sure we all know how bad the manual shifting is on the car. Really rough downshifting with no rev matching and extremely delayed responses.

Is there any tcu tune out there that improves the behavior of the transmission? Anything that improves the behavior of the car?

Or will an engine tune simply overwhelm the slowness of the transmission with raw power? I just came from a tuned Golf R which has a good DSG stock, and when tuned was almost telepathic. Also just sold an M3 with DCT which again when tuned was great in auto mode, and of course in manual mode was lightning quick.

I know this isn't that, but I'm hoping it can be improved somehow.

Thoughts?