E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Command unit refit issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 D Cabrio
Command unit refit issues

HI All
Apologies that my first post is a cry for help !!!
Have been attempting to fit an aftermarket reversing camera today , after reading numerous guides and posts on here.
After many obstacles got the camera fitted in but still have some issues to resolve before completing the job

1 - refitting the command unit- since refitting i can not get the unit to sit back flush again? has anyone else encountered this?
2- cable run from the camera to the command unit- what is the best easiest way? Struggling to see a clear way from the boot.

Ive had to give up for the day , started to get too frustrated and dont want to break anything.

Thanks in Advance for any help / advice

Old 02-14-2022, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 D Cabrio
Just a quick update on this. May help somebody in the future.
The issue with re fitting the command online unit- on all the videos / tutorials that i watched it said to remove the 2 screws ( T20 that retain the head unit). On mine be removing it , it dropped the 2 metal guides down, this was not allowing the unit to sit back correctly, once i started the 2 screws in the guides the unit sat in fine.!

Have not gone any further with regards the cable routing yet ,still looking for some decent info before progressing with this.
Thanks
Matt