E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pneumatic Pump keep on running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C207
Pneumatic Pump keep on running

Hi, I just bought 2013 E250 Coupe 6 months ago and recently had the multicontour seats ballon replaced because it worn out due to aging. After replaced, the ballon inflated and works fine, but now my pneumatic pump keep on running from i start the engine and will only stop when i turn off the engine.
Workshop already scan and no fault codes being found, anyone have this issue before?
any advices would be highly appreciated
Old 05-21-2022, 01:47 PM

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
If it did it first thing after they replaced the bladder then I'd assume it's possible they made a mistake? If you turn all the dials all the way down it still does it I assume? My thought is if another bag somewhere is leaking then it'll be trying to fill it all the time unless its dial is all the way down. I wish I could say I knew how that pump is wired in and what triggers it, like how does it know what the pressure in the bag is so it knows to turn off? Hopefully someone does, or maybe has a diagram for it.
Seems to me the dials would be potentiometers which typically don't last long and do not like fod getting in them, like dust and what not.
So I suppose my first experiment would be turning all dials down to off, then turn each up full blast one at a time to see how how they fill up, then deflate for a few cycles. See if they get nice n tight like they're supposed to, and listen to see if at any time during testing them if the pump turns off, even for a split second. I'd also turn all of them up full blast together because if one bag is leaking into another then it'll run unless both are supposed to have the same pressure. If not then the one with the higher setting will pump in to the one with the lower setting and the lower one will be venting air because it's higher than its setting, so it pumps and vents forever. If so, then setting all to full blast should mean no venting and they all fill up and pump turns off. Worth a try.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C207
Originally Posted by Chevota
If it did it first thing after they replaced the bladder then I'd assume it's possible they made a mistake? If you turn all the dials all the way down it still does it I assume? My thought is if another bag somewhere is leaking then it'll be trying to fill it all the time unless its dial is all the way down. I wish I could say I knew how that pump is wired in and what triggers it, like how does it know what the pressure in the bag is so it knows to turn off? Hopefully someone does, or maybe has a diagram for it.
Seems to me the dials would be potentiometers which typically don't last long and do not like fod getting in them, like dust and what not.
So I suppose my first experiment would be turning all dials down to off, then turn each up full blast one at a time to see how how they fill up, then deflate for a few cycles. See if they get nice n tight like they're supposed to, and listen to see if at any time during testing them if the pump turns off, even for a split second. I'd also turn all of them up full blast together because if one bag is leaking into another then it'll run unless both are supposed to have the same pressure. If not then the one with the higher setting will pump in to the one with the lower setting and the lower one will be venting air because it's higher than its setting, so it pumps and vents forever. If so, then setting all to full blast should mean no venting and they all fill up and pump turns off. Worth a try.
Ok, will tell the mechanic to try this, thx for the advise