E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Convertible Roof Top Not Working. Stuck Open. Fuse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 10:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 E550 Cab & 2015 ML400
Exclamation Convertible Roof Top Not Working. Stuck Open. Fuse?

The roof to my 2011 E550 convertible is stuck open. I put the top down on Monday afternoon and drove to a friend's house. Everything has been working normally all weekend. On Monday night, I went to put the top up and nothing happened. I pushed the switch up and down and nothing happens. Not even a message on the dashboard. The back lid doesn't even move. I don't hear any sounds either. It's as if the switch doesn't work. The AirScarf button and the all windows button work just fine though. I also tried standing outside my car and pointing my key at the door handle and holding the lock button to try to close the top but nothing happens. I've tried disconnecting the main battery and reconnecting and nothing happened.

Could it be a broken fuse? Anyone know which one to check?

Any other ideas on what the issue could be before I have to bring it to a dealership?

Please help. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2022, 08:01 AM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
2015 E400
I had a similar issue with my 2015 E400. The root cause for my roof failure was due to the dog cover straps i had jammed in the opening between the headrest and the back seat. Once these were removed, everything worked. I was pretty embarrassed when the dealer told me this, but I actually needed some other service, so it was a bit serendipitous...