E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Front passenger side dash rattle - identification help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 02:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2012 C207 E550 RWD
Front passenger side dash rattle - identification help

I’ve been having a really annoying rattle that sounds like it’s coming from behind the passenger side dash or glove box area. I’ve taken the glove box apart several times, knocked on all bits in the area, removed the passenger vent, checked the AC blower, etc. and have zero clue where it’s coming from. It primarily happens when I’m going around 50+ mph and rarely when I’m going slower than that. Any ideas?!

Last edited by RosSauce; 11-12-2022 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:24 AM

Received 175 Likes on 149 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
There's so much stuff under the dash I wouldn't be able to tell you what I might think.
How about the plastic and what not under the car that can flap in the wind if it's not secure. Plus the fender well plastic.
Mine is a '16 and it has an external fan duct that sits over the battery, right in front of the glove box. Installing it can be be deceiving because it may seem correct but the bottom isn't locked down. I don't think it would make a sound but who knows.
Then the plastic below the wiper could flap in the wind. I suppose a loose/broken wiper could do it but I think you 'd notice that.