E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2015 E400 / 212 Cabriolet Soft Close window HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 E400 Cabriolet
2015 E400 / 212 Cabriolet Soft Close window HELP!

I am hoping I can get a bit more information. I have a new to me MB E400 Cab. The rear Passenger quarter window will not raise all the way up and is leaving a small gap between the two windows. The soft open / close is not working on this side of the car. I have tried to reset the windows, but the rear window just doesn't close all the way. The front window does roll up but comes down the 1/4" twice, or sometimes halfway.... I can physically move the rear window into the correct position. I have removed the main battery positive for 1 hour - reading a reset may be the problem due to the battery being changed. This was done by a non MB Dealer but is a MB Battery. I have also read that there is a auxiliary battery under the dash on the drivers side of the car. Is this the battery that needs to be disconnected? I have not read the codes, so there may be a switch that needs the code cleared, or a window module replaced.

again - the window can be manually moved - but will not roll up by itself.
I also assume that the trim can be taken off and the long torque driver can be used to adjust the window forward.

Any help would be fantastic

Chris
Old 12-19-2022, 04:15 PM

Received 152 Likes on 121 Posts
2012 E350 Cabriolet now SOLD to my son
Have you tried usingg the window button and then holding for 3 secs after it raises the window all the way? You might need to do that. If it works to reset it, then go ahead and perform that for all the windows. Also be aware the windows on the cabriolets don't close all the way when closing the doors. here is a delay of a few seconds after the door closes, then the windows will close the gap up
Old 12-19-2022, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 E400 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Sirstopher
I am hoping I can get a bit more information. I have a new to me MB E400 Cab. The rear Passenger quarter window will not raise all the way up and is leaving a small gap between the two windows. The soft open / close is not working on this side of the car. I have tried to reset the windows, but the rear window just doesn't close all the way. The front window does roll up but comes down the 1/4" twice, or sometimes halfway.... I can physically move the rear window into the correct position. I have removed the main battery positive for 1 hour - reading a reset may be the problem due to the battery being changed. This was done by a non MB Dealer but is a MB Battery. I have also read that there is a auxiliary battery under the dash on the drivers side of the car. Is this the battery that needs to be disconnected? I have not read the codes, so there may be a switch that needs the code cleared, or a window module replaced.

again - the window can be manually moved - but will not roll up by itself.
I also assume that the trim can be taken off and the long torque driver can be used to adjust the window forward.

Any help would be fantastic

Chris
took it to a shop, 300+ codes stored from when the battery was replaced. Everything was cleared and now works.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sirstopher:
Grant_J (12-20-2022), Mr. Toad (12-20-2022)