E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Parking sensors, reverse lights not working after facelift conversion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C207
Parking sensors, reverse lights not working after facelift conversion.

Hello, im new to the forum and i hope my english typing will be in the right order. I own a mercedes e class coupe ( c207 ) year 2014 2.2 diesel with 6 gear manual gearbox. I had the pre facelift headlights and i chose to make the conversion on the front facelift headlights to a local service shop in albania. Before reaching the service shop i added the new headlights, new bumper with grills and obviously the headlights were not working. But the rest was all in order. The night before sending the car for the upgrade, since a part on my house yard its a downhill, i placed the car there and the next morning i had a parking brakes failure error. The car parking brakes were fine but it was showing me the error on the display with alert noise and the rear sensors were not working. I sent the car to the service shop and they started the process. They aded a new sam to match the headlights and a few wiring + some coding. I got the car 3 days later with the headlights working perfectly. And the guy told me that the parking brakes conection was loose so now its fine and doesnt show any error. i keept driving the car and i came back in italy. i took the car to a few mechanics to solve the parking sensors and reverse lights problem but none of them can fix it. When they run tests with their devices they work. So no cable or conection problem there. The only thing its when the device its attached with the car it shows that my car has an automatic gearbox and it stays on D and cant be changed.instead mine has a manual gearbox.i want to understand if this is somehow connected with the parking brakes or if the Sam the shop added in albania needs coding or needs to be changed. the shop service in albania told me to bring the car there to check and fix it but i am not planning to go there for a few months.so i thought maybe i could fix this here somehow. ​​​​​​​