E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rear window stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 a207 Mercedes convertible
Rear window stuck

Hi Guys,
I am having an issue with my driver side rear window on my 2011 a207 convertible it would not go up or down, then after a few days it started working again as it should but today it has stopped working again. Is there some one there that can point me in the right direction on getting this issue sorted out. Thanks all in advance. I cannot do the reset as the window will not move up or down.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:24 AM

Received 177 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
maybe try a battery reset?
Old 05-06-2023, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chevota
maybe try a battery reset?
Battery reset ?
Old 05-08-2023, 08:53 PM

Received 177 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Like any electronic device giving you grief; unplug it, plug it back in.
Disconnect the batt for a bit, negative terminal is usually easier, then reconnect. A minute should do the trick, but optionally, if that fails, do it overnight.
You'll likely lose some settings, maybe the position of other windows, dash settings, eg my mirrors will often stop folding when I do this. Then you get to learn how to reset whatever isn't right, for whatever reason they do that.

If the window switch gets a lot of use, and I rekon after >10 years it has, it may be time for a new switch. Or at the very least remove it and see why it's not working. I'm more of a fix it guy so I've fixed many in my day. But since you said it works now and then it rules out the fuse and pretty much points at the switch. At the very least you have verify the switch works to verify if the window motor works, which would be next, but my $ is on the switch
Old 05-09-2023, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chevota
Like any electronic device giving you grief; unplug it, plug it back in.
Disconnect the batt for a bit, negative terminal is usually easier, then reconnect. A minute should do the trick, but optionally, if that fails, do it overnight.
You'll likely lose some settings, maybe the position of other windows, dash settings, eg my mirrors will often stop folding when I do this. Then you get to learn how to reset whatever isn't right, for whatever reason they do that.

If the window switch gets a lot of use, and I rekon after >10 years it has, it may be time for a new switch. Or at the very least remove it and see why it's not working. I'm more of a fix it guy so I've fixed many in my day. But since you said it works now and then it rules out the fuse and pretty much points at the switch. At the very least you have verify the switch works to verify if the window motor works, which would be next, but my $ is on the switch
Thank you for your input much appreciated