E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Parts for A207

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Cab
Question Parts for A207

Just bought a 1 owner 2014 E-350 Cabriolet, really enjoying it. It is Dolomite Brown with a White/Beige Interior

There's a few pieces that have fairly visible wear and tear.

- The Ashtray Lid has Cracking in the Laquer (Brown wood grain)
- Little bit of nail slashes on the leather of the steering wheel (Leather restorer?)
- The Rear Speaker Cover on the Left is cracked
- Would like new floor mats
- Seat belt receivers are really faded and rough looking

Beyond those issues it is immaculate.

Any ideas of where best to find those kind of parts? I tried eBay for the ashtray lid, but wasn't sure of the part number.

Thanks in advance for any advice finding parts.

Merc

Old 06-19-2023, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550
I can't offer much except to say the ashtray cover is basically unobtainium. I ordered a piano black cover ( all that is available) from ebay. Ships from Latvia (?) I think. That was 4 months ago. I don't even have piano black trim! Lol.
Old 06-20-2023, 02:18 AM

Received 175 Likes on 149 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I'd assume you could repair the ashtray cover? Mine is burl and of course cracked, one clean crack across it, but I was just going to fill it one day. It's just not obvious so it doesn't bother me, but when I do I figured some thin lacquer and let it soak into the crack? If that fails then I suppose grind the crack out and fill with clear epoxy or polyurethane?

I too have a mark on the steering wheel leather, but keeping it wet-ish with leather conditioner works for me. I guess I got lucky because those are the only things wrong with my '16 interior. And exterior was perfect when I got it 3 yrs ago, but now looks like it spent a day in a Mad Max movie.

I've never looked at the rear speaker covers. I assumed they were neatly hidden under fabric? Guess I'll have to check it out.

For the seatbelt latch I have two thoughts: One is plastic conditioner/restorer, but I have a feeling from your description they're too far gone? Second is heat. Usually you can heat plastic like that to just melt the surface and it looks anywhere from a lot better than it was to almost new. You lose most of the texture and it's more smoothish, but better than doing nothing. It's tricky though, to get it hot enough but not burn or distort it. Generally a lotta heat over the entire surface just for a sec or two. I think ideally one of those weed killing propane torches, or a can of starting fluid, but the kind without the oil. Give it a quick blast and see how she looks. I'd remove the belt latch from the car first, but if you live dangerously you leave it in
You can use a propane torch but you'll no doubt see the marks of each pass you made, like when someone rattle cans a car. Probably not a big deal in this case. And of the plastic is so bad it scrapes off with a fingernail then you might consider sanding most of that off first.
Fyi I've "restored" misc plastic things like that, but never a belt latch. And some plastics are less inclined to melt nicely, and instead burn and/or end up looking even worse. It looks like the kind of plastic that it'll work on, but really you just have to test it and find out. Maye a small spot on the back you don't normally see.

Oh, floor mats: I bought the full front & rear coverage custom fit mats on ebay. I think I bought them 3 years ago for ~$60? Of course, thanks to Covid, they're twice as much or more, but still worth it. My interior is black so of course I bought the black, but I do recall a small variety of other colors. They actually look pretty good. They fit pretty well, or if you consider the price, they're excellent. My only real complaint is not staying in place. I'll get it all tucked in nice, but like any mat it'll move forward with use. I can take a pix if you like, since the ebay pix are more generic. It covers well enough that can only barely see some carpet around the seat tracks, so pretty much 99.9% coverage.
The following users liked this post:
WRC-LVR (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 10:15 AM

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
2012 E350 Cabriolet now SOLD to my son
Rear speaker cover might be be available from : https://www.mbpartscenter.com/ you might also try ebay.... 2011-2014 A207 will be the same covers.
Also reach out to places like LKQ, who may have wrecked cars with the exact parts needed. I needed an entire center console for my 2012 Stannite beige A207 and they had it for $110, shipped.
The speaker grill are some sort of metal grills over the plastic frame. If moisture collects in the rear of the cabin they will rust. Easy fix to remove and spray with 2-3 fine coats of silver....
Try LKQ again for those. Just covers....BTW they are right and left versions , of course ....

Steering wheel, yep clean thoroughly then use leather conditioner. While you are doing that, clean and condition the seats as they will be on the verge of cracking too.
Chevota is right about the ashtray door. I would try to see if LKQ has it in the right colour first. Then try what he suggested, he is good people

PS my lkq console came complete with the ashtray ,door , rear a/c vents and console controls...YMMV

Last edited by WRC-LVR; 06-20-2023 at 10:27 AM.