E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window Will Not Drop/Index Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 12:17 AM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Window Will Not Drop/Index Down

I have an issue where my driver's side door window will not drop down when pulling the door handle (from inside or outside). The window only drops when I push/pull on the door, and it kind of feels like I'm going to break something if I do this too much.

One other quick note is that the door latch seems to close harshly sometimes; not sure how else to describe it. No idea if these things are related, but it seems that they could be.

Any idea what this issue might be? I've searched quite a bit and haven't come up with anything as of yet. Thanks for any useful input on this. And yeah, I've tried re-synchronizing the windows.

Last edited by nkx1; 07-10-2023 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:22 PM

Received 179 Likes on 151 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I've never had it happen but I'd do a reset. Unplug the battery for a while, hour I spoze, then see what happens.
Optionally you can reset the window function which is raising and lowering it but holding the button down for 5 sec after the window stops in each direction. It resets the memory of where fully open/closed position is. Often, for me, I have to do it more than once to get it to take. When you do a reset via the battery you sometimes lose that memory in a window or two and have to do this anyway, which is how I know.
You may also lose folding mirrors, if you have them, so you turn them Off, turn the car off, close/lock it. Then go back in and turn them On again and they should work. Other cars I've lost seat memory, radio stations etc. On my '99 I'd also have to put in a theft code to get the radio working again.
Not sure about the door latch, but maybe related? I don't know what you mean though. Like you have to slam it or it makes a noise or?
Old 07-19-2023, 08:48 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Yeah, I'm planning on doing that when I get a chance (I have the car parked offsite until I sell my old car). Thanks for the response. Crossing my fingers that this will be a simple fix!