E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

C207 P003400 Fault Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C204 & C207
Exclamation C207 P003400 Fault Code

Hi everyone!

First of all I drove a C207, E250 coupe with a M271 evo engine with a aftermarket GFB DV+ and while I am driving, I do notice that my wastegate was open at all time. I can hear a loud hissing sound and my engine wasn't getting any boost build up. Engine didn't go to limp mode. I did a quick test on XENTRY and it reads me 3 codes P003300, P003400, and P222900. I did clear fault but the problem still exist, I wasn't getting any boost. But the code narrows down to P003400 which says "The output for the switchover valve of bypass flap 'Charge air' has a short circuit to ground" current and stored. My first step is trying to look for a blown fuse in the engine bay fuse box and I found all fuse are in good condition and none of them is blown. Second of all I did use a multimeter to measure is there any voltage on the cables. At position IGNITION ON, engine off, I measure and it reads 11,98 Volts, it means that the cable has current flowing through it. Third of all I did disassemble my diverter valve and the switchover valve or the bypass valve and try it with my own power supply. I found it to be working just fine, the plunger got sucked in with current and off without current. So I did all possible things to figure out this issue. But still I am getting no boost, diverter valve keeps hissing air and P003400 code is still there. In XENTRY I tried to do the actuation on the P003400 code and it leads to Y101 switch over valve actuation and I didn't hear anything actuates. Now I am hitting a roadblock towards this problem. I really need some help on this issue. my next step was buying a brand new switchover valve it self A0001531159 but some how my old switchover valve works with my power supply and I feel that buying a new one won't fix the issue either. Am I missing some steps towards this problem or is it the ECU that causes this issue? Any help will be appreciated!