E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

headlight issues /wiper issues /oil leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c207
headlight issues /wiper issues /oil leaks

hiya all.
i am new around here so be kind .
i tried search but didn't come up with much.
i bought my first Mercedes about 3 months ago after being an audio gal for a long time . its a2011 e220 coupe with the 2.1 biturbo diesel engine. I've been running into some problems I hope you can help with . firstly the lights . they are shockingly bad .i noticed the reflective part of the heads are kinda krinkled looking and think they were heated too much or just started peeling a lot . I'm wondering if the units are the same as the more easily available e220 sedan lights and is there much involved in replacing them ?
is there and led bulbs that work well with these cars and any recommendations on what bulbs to get for dims and heads?

secondly, the wipers seem very slow to react when on auto and even on manual they seem very slow to clear the rain off the windscreen, is this normal?

third and most worrying I'm using about 250 ml of oil in 8000 km. i notice there's oil on the sump guard now. i have looked on the top of the engine and there was a small rocker cover leak I addressed (a loose bolt) but there's still a leak. is there any common leaks on these / anywhere I should be looking .it was serviced just after I got it and when I bought it there was no sign of a leak .
thanks for reading .
Tara