E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

VRP Motor Mount install fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 07:59 PM

Received 352 Likes on 242 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Following along to see you succeed op, but really, why does anyone still deal with VRP? This is a hacked together pile of crap that has now wasted weeks of your time and energy. It was designed poorly (or the design was stolen and amended poorly) and the quality of the build is poor…. Typical of VeryRealProblems. OP you are doing way to much work for any motor mount sold by a reputable vendor. Nothing will feel as good as the OEM mounts, and we just have to face the facts that our cars eat them for breakfast.
The following users liked this post:
go team (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 10:43 PM

Received 175 Likes on 149 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I agree, but I didn't know that when I bought them. Classic live n learn. I really like the very applicable "VeryRealProblems". At this point it's basically humorous, a cluster Fk train wreck. I'd say it can't get any worse, but then I'd jinx myself and somehow it would.
I do like the challenge of getting something to work better than designed, plus all I learn along the way. So while I could just buy different or oem, and that would be sensible, I'm compelled to make it work for reasons I cannot really explain.
Hopefully I'll get it working and out of my system, and this thread will deter others from buying the same. At least I can fix this crap pretty easily, but most people would've been screwed. Or as one mentioned, he'd be paying a mech to do it and then lose all that $ on top of it. Uggg. So at the very least, others will learn from my mistake

I have a brand new set to 2013 E350 mounts collecting dust, and while they would bolt in, they're too tall. They're also surprisingly stiff! Makes me wonder how they work so well.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing :(
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
To quote the op “This is lot of lost personal time, and I guess I'll have to wait and see if VRP says it's also a lost $500. At the very least, maybe some others will learn from my mistake.”

Thank you. Most of us know to stay away from anything VRP related. Hopefully they don’t blame you for all of their continued problems, as they like to attack customers instead of help them. Always remember to research the forums before buying into aftermarket, there are lots of copycats out there with no real qualifications. We are all drawn to pricing, but the value isn’t there when the customer service is horrid.

Good luck in your quest for motor mounts. I stick with stock with my p30 63 wagon.
Hello Baltistyle,

I am thinking of buying a 2012 E63 AMG, so I went to work on a document containing all the failure points and how likely they are to occur, this is where I ran into your threads regarding the M157 timing chain, tensioners, etc... and I saw you mention that you get all the work done on the car yourself which is I why I thought I would reach out and send you a friend request.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but I'm new to MB world and I'm still learning my way around the user interface, and I thought I would leave this message here to make myself visible rather than just send out a random friend request. I know it is still very random but it would mean a lot if I had someone experienced to reach out to regarding this car/engine, seeing that there are a lot of mixed opinions regarding this topic from people who never even tried the M157, and there isn't much useful information for the ones trying to learn.

Thank you!