E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bad CV Axle ? or transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E400 COUPE
Bad CV Axle ? or transmission problem?

Hello everyone,

Im a new proud owner of 2015 E400 coupe. I had a shot front left CV Axle so a friend of mine/Mechanic, changed it for me, he took out all the intermediate shaft with the CV axle since both parts were firmly coupled, changed the CV axle with the new one and then putback the whole assembly. Job was done, i took the car for a ride and it went smooth.
Two days later, i was driving entering the highway and i lost power on the wheels : the engine revs and the car wont accelerate. Towed the car back home, and now im trying to figure out the source of the problem.
When testing it in my garage, the car only moves at idle, whether in Drive or Reverse, and it makes strange noise when i put it back to Park
First thought was the tranny but the thing is, i never had any sort of trouble with it, gear changing is relatively fast, smooth and noiseless. Could it be a bad CV axle ? or the intermediate shaft is not fully locked inside the differential?
Im no mechnaic, all i have is basic simple knowledge, and my friend is on trip for a few weeks so all opinions are welcomed, thanks.

Attached Files
Old 06-14-2024, 12:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 E 350 Coupe
Good afternoon, Could it be that the axle slip out because it did not seat properly in tranny. (just a taught) it is possible after the first drive.